Monday, January 26, 2009

Wait on the Lord

But those who wait on the LORD will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31
Trusting in God's plan and waiting on Him has got to be one of my biggest struggles. I worry, worry, and worry and what good can ever come of it? The only way to find strength is to wait on Him always and trust that He is in control of the situation no matter what it may be - whether it be a national issue or a personal issue, I need to let go of my desire to be in control and allow God to do what He will with my country, with my state, with my marriage, with my daughter, and with me. It is my focus this year to wait on the LORD in every situation that arises, especially those things which physically are out of my control.


Interesting enough, my favorite song for the past month has been this:

While I'm Waiting by John Waller



I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


You can hear the song and the rest of the album by clicking here. You can also hear it in the movie Fireproof.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I think this is a great message, regardless of your faith. There are so many people in the world who spend time worrying about things they cannot possibly know, whether or not they believe that a higher power has a plan for them. You have to worry about some things, like paying your rent each month, but long term outcomes of your life and your relationships, you cannot possibly know.

Somewhat off topic, but when I went to Sonrise Christian School I made an art project/image out of eggshells with the scripture, "They will fly high on wings like eagles."